The Fresh Italy Food Prep associate is responsible for the proper preparation, set up and execution of salads and desserts, and assists the Line Cook with preparing appetizers and keeping the line stocked. The culinary work in this position must follow Fresh Italy’s commitment to excellence, sustainability, health and safety guidelines. In addition to the culinary work, the Food Prep associate takes carry-out orders via phone and serves the completed order to the customers upon pick-up. Mastery of this position leads your career moving on to the Line Cook position.
- Light food preparation according to Fresh Italy standards.
- Properly store foods in designated areas following wrapping, dating and labeling procedures.
- Maintain a clean work area including equipment and utensils.
- Utilize approved food production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
- Interact with co-workers to ensure compliance with Fresh Italy service standards.
- Set up station and maintain section in time for service.
- Properly break down and clean station after service.
- Serve customers in an efficient and friendly manner; resolve customer concerns.
- Notify manager of food quality and safety issues before they become customer service concerns.
- Follow all Fresh Italy food production and presentation standards.
- Comply with all sanitation, ServSafe and safety requirements.
Note: Job duties are subject to change as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 16 years of age or older, 18 or older preferred.
- Demonstrate ownership of designated station to include: production, set-up, service and break-down.
- Strong passion and motivation to create great food that follows the Fresh Italy recipes.
- Demonstrate general culinary knowledge of basic kitchen practices, protocols and procedures.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Understand of culinary units of measure.
- Must be able to take customer order face to face and over the phone.
- Evenings, Weekends, and Holidays required
- Must have documented proof you meet all Health Department regulations and are legal to work in the food industry.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
ServSafe Food Handler Certification preferred
If you are interested in applying for this position, Apply Online, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop in and fill out an application.