The Fresh Italy Line Cook associate is responsible for the proper preparation, set up and execution of our menu. The culinary work in this position must follow Fresh Italy’s commitment to excellence, sustainability, health and safety guidelines.
- Prepare menu items according to Fresh Italy standards.
- Properly store foods in designated areas following wrapping, dating and labeling procedures.
- Maintain a clean work area including equipment and utensils.
- Utilize approved food production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
- Interact with co-workers to ensure compliance with Fresh Italy service standards.
- Set up station and maintain section in time for service.
- Properly break down and clean station after service.
- Serve customers in an efficient and friendly manner; resolve customer concerns.
- Notify manager of food quality and safety issues before they become customer service concerns.
- Follow all Fresh Italy food production and presentation standards.
- Comply with all sanitation, ServSafe and safety requirements.
Note: Job duties are subject to change as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 18 years of age or older
- Demonstrate ownership of designated station to include: production, set-up, service and break-down.
- Strong passion and motivation to create great food that follows the Fresh Italy recipes.
- Demonstrate general culinary knowledge of basic kitchen practices, protocols and procedures.
- Minimum 1 year Line Cook experience in a restaurant kitchen.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Understand of culinary units of measure.
- Evenings, Weekends, and Holidays required
- Must have documented proof you meet all Health Department regulations and are legal to work in the food industry.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
ServSafe Food Handler Certification required
Culinary Certificate or Degree Preferred
If you are interested in applying for this position, Apply Online, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop in and fill out an application.